|This article is a stub. You can help Angels with Scaly Wings Wiki by .|
Most characters in Angels with Scaly Wings are dragons.
Notably, dragons do not all belong to the same species. Those species which are named in-game include earth dragons (e.g., Bryce and Emera), water dragons (e.g., Naomi), flyers (e.g., Adine), and runners (e.g., Sebastian and Anna). However, more species certainly exist, since many dragons shown in-game don't fall into any of the aforementioned categories.
The physical form of each species confers various advantages and disadvantages. An illustrative example of these differences lies in each species' hands: runners are capable of fine motor skills with theirs, whereas many other species are clumsier and fliers don't have hands at all. Often, these differences predispose dragons to certain lines of work depending on their species.
||Naomi (Water variant)|
[there are cities and towns, as well as feral dragons. expand on this]
[no alien contact]
[VERY similar to human tech/architecture. Mention generators, computers (and lack thereof), etc]
[insert stuff about dragon mythology here. It's all told in-game and can be paraphrased]
[dragons are the result of a genetic engineering project by... whatever the company was called, if it was named. list the team members on the project. they were originally meant to be sentient biological weapons which could be sold to developing countries. however, Izumi realized that the dragons they created would always be miserable, and so she killed the other three team members and restructured the process they had been developing. with her guidance and access to advanced technology, the first dragons formed tribes which soon became self-sufficient.]
[mention that this is the reason for all the inefficient tech that fits humans better, e.g. chairs]
- "If we're just going to storm the place, I should probably go first. For one, I'm a professional - and what's more, I'm also an earth dragon. That's what makes me a good cop. Virtually unkillable by any would-be criminals." - Bryce
- Still, I prefer stacks of papers and meetings to working in a mine and pulling carts or logs, or whatever else they would have us earth dragons typically do." - Emera
- "Oh, that's just what we call our species sometimes. We've got pretty powerful legs." - Sebastian
- "That's mostly us, the runners. We've got proper hands, after all." - Anna
- "I live here now, but I actually grew up in a small farming village that mostly consisted of runners like me." - Sebastian
- "Well, as you can imagine, I prefer the air to the sea, even though we flyers have quite a relationship with the water." - Adine
- "Where was I? Oh, right. I go for the meat, personally. As I said, the algae is normally for Naomi. She really likes the stuff, but she's one of the water kinds, so that's not a surprise." - Bryce
- "What do water variant dragons like Naomi do? [...] [They] are more a sub-species of the various dragon species." - Official Tumblr
- "Then there are those like Maverick or Remy, which resemble the typical dragon image more than any of the others." - Official Tumblr
- "I can assure you I am a fully grown adult. My species doesn't get much bigger than this." - Lorem